Monday, June 11, 2007

First day down...

Living without what I call the "real media" is not easy. All of a sudden, the songs in my ipod seemed to be less interesting than the radio. I found myself dying to turn it on and see what everyone else was listening. All I wanted to hear were those small little news briefs, even if they may be about Paris Hilton or Nicole Ritchie, I just wanted something. Anything.
While we may be so dependent on our ipods, our recordable television or laptops, nothing comes close to watching or experiencing something in the moment. There was a television premiere tonight that I wanted to watch with all my friends, but I have found myself watching the recorded version to stay in line with this experiment. Needless to say, it is not nearly the same.
I don't know what to expect when I go to my internship tomorrow at the Baltimoresun.com. It could be worse...I could be working at the print bureau.

No comments: