Monday, June 11, 2007

Let the games begin...

Today begins the experiment where we will test what happens to a journalism major who cannot access traditional media outlets. No television, newspapers, books, magazines...the list goes on. It's a good thing I am addicted to my laptop.
At first I must admit I didn't understand how hard this would be. The house I live in doesn't subscribe to a newspaper or any other print outlet like a journal or magazine. However, as soon as I sat down to eat breakfast the house turned on the television. So, I had to leave. Talk about painful. I absolutely live off of live newsfeeds off the television. NBC, CNN, CSPAN...I love them all. To go online and find out what was going on was not only more time consuming, but annoying as well. I hope I can get used to this...

No comments: